You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-23 15:48:19

AndyOpie150

[Solved] Android SDK directory not recognized in 64bit version

I unzipped my Android SDK folder (named sdk) in the home directory. When I try to cd to the platform-tools directory inside it, in a terminal, I get this:

andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ cd sdk/platform-tools
bash: cd: sdk/platform-tools: No such file or directory
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ cd /sdk/platform-tools
bash: cd: /sdk/platform-tools: No such file or directory
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ cd ~/sdk/platform-tools
bash: cd: /home/andyopie150/sdk/platform-tools: No such file or directory

I also noticed after I unzipped it, it was placed first in front of all other folders and files (even hidden folders), not in order of name.

When I tried to just cd to the sdk directory all I get is this:

andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ cd sdk
bash: cd: sdk: No such file or directory
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ cd /sdk
bash: cd: /sdk: No such file or directory
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ cd ~/sdk
bash: cd: /home/andyopie150/sdk: No such file or directory

I'll be glad when I have gotten KDE figured out (I'm used to XFCE, Gnome, and Mate). I really like this KDE desktop environment, just got to get this 50 year old brain jump started. I guess I'm not doing to bad, I got my first computer in 2009 (just watched old shows on Hulu), then my first Linux Distro last year.

Last edited by AndyOpie150 (2013-11-30 14:31:27)

#2 2013-11-23 19:30:22

wrix
Founder

Re: [Solved] Android SDK directory not recognized in 64bit version

I guess this has something to do with permissions, it is not a KDE related issue as you're trying to access the folder via command-line. It must be a 'generic unix/linux issue'. Can you please link me to the zip file that you extracted, so that I can do it myself and know the issue. Thanks.

#3 2013-11-24 00:04:41

AndyOpie150

I'll have to upload it to my Mediafire account first. Sometime tomorrow (need to get to a faster WiFi source to upload).

I tried this first by just transferring the folder from my Linux Mint 15 distro to SuperX. It was originally on my Xubuntu 12.04 LTS. Didn't have any problems with permissions when I transferred from Xubuntu to Linux Mint.
Made the zip in my Windows OS with the saved sdk folder from the Xubuntu distro (I use the Windows OS mostly now just for storage). Thought that would work better.

I made sure all the executable files in the platform-tools folder had the box "is executable" checked.
I will also go through the tools folder (lots of .exe's their).

Their is a command I need to use in a terminal that will straighten it out. Just got to get my brain working. Thought you might know it off hand.

#4 2013-11-25 13:15:09

AndyOpie150

Figured out the problem. I forgot to install the ia32-libs.
Tried to do so but got a dependency error.

R&R'd SuperX 64bit.

Rebooted twice, then installed updates.

From terminal I did and got this:

SuperX 2.1.1

Codename: Ada

Kernel: 3.2.0-52-generic

andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
[sudo] password for andyopie150: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ia32-libs : Depends: ia32-libs-multiarch
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs-multiarch
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ia32-libs-multiarch:i386 : Depends: gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: ibus-gtk:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-dbus:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-network:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-opengl:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-qt3support:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-script:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-scripttools:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-sql:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-svg:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-test:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-xml:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqt4-xmlpatterns:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqtcore4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqtgui4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libqtwebkit4:i386 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
andyopie150@Dell-OptiPlex-GX620DT:~$ 

This is a very big problem. I need the Android SDK, APK-Multi-Tool, and Eclipse, to work or I can't use this distro.

Anybody that wants to do any modding or development of an android phone will not be able to use the 64 bit version of this distro. 64 bit is needed to build Android kernels and ROMs from source code.

Will install 32bit version and see if that will at least allow for the Android SDK to be properly installed. Won't be able to do any app, kernel, or ROM development, but at least it might hopefully allow for adb and fastboot commands for those that only want to slightly mod or unbrick their phones.

This really needs to be fixed if SuperX is going to crack the top 50 spot.

Last edited by AndyOpie150 (2013-11-25 13:23:25)

#5 2013-11-25 13:52:13

wrix
Founder

Fixing. Give me some time, thanks for reporting.

#6 2013-11-25 15:40:21

AndyOpie150

That's what I'm here for, to put this distro to the test and find out it weakness's so you can improve it so it will be a distro everybody will want to install.

Installed the 32bit version.
Rebooted twice.
Updated.
Setup Android SDK.
From a terminal opened up in the platform-tools folder I can give my phone adb and fastboot commands (rebooted to recovery, rebooted to bootloader, from bootloader rebooted into system), but I had to put ./ before adb and fastboot in a terminal.

In order to give commands globally I need to be able to make a link to both the adb and fastboot .exe's and move those to /usr/bin. Can't straight drag and drop to a root folder.
I installed gksu, but it keeps telling me my administrative password is incorrect.

Any ideas?

Last edited by AndyOpie150 (2013-11-25 15:41:30)

#7 2013-11-25 16:02:44

wrix
Founder

try using kdesudo:

kdesudo dolphin

#8 2013-11-25 18:05:13

wrix
Founder

Okay, I've found the bug that is causing that issue with 64 bit version. It will require me to patch almost every package on the SuperX repo, not hard to do (I got bots to do repeating jobs) but will take time. Since patching the entire repo is a huge change...I guess it is time for version 2.2 also  smile

#9 2013-11-25 19:01:19

AndyOpie150

Alriiight! that did it. Made the links in the /usr/bin no problem. Rebooted and fired up the terminal (without cd'ing anywhere). Typed in:

adb shell (which started the daemon running)
reboot recovery (which booted into recovery)

rebooted into bootloader with adb and booted back into system with fastboot.

Everything is working great.

Thanks wrix.

Can't wait to try the 64bit when you have it ready.
Will now update my thread in the Tips and Tricks sub-forum.

I'll try to see what else I can think of to try in the 32 bit version while it's on my hard drive.

EDIT: Don't need a 64bit system to edit .jar files and .apk files, so I guess I'll try to see if I can get APK-Multi-Tool working (great for shortening the time it takes to extract, decompile, recompile, compress, push, pull, sign, and zip align .apk and .jar files)

Last edited by AndyOpie150 (2013-11-25 19:08:51)

#10 2013-11-25 19:47:40

AndyOpie150

Now that the Android SDK is setup properly APK-Multi-Tool, Droid@Screen, and QtADB all work flawlessly.
Will write up tutorials on all three later today as well as update the Android SDK tutorial, now that it's working.

Thanks again wrix.

#11 2013-11-25 22:26:42

Montala

wrix wrote:

Okay, I've found the bug that is causing that issue with 64 bit version. It will require me to patch almost every package on the SuperX repo, not hard to do (I got bots to do repeating jobs) but will take time. Since patching the entire repo is a huge change...I guess it is time for version 2.2 also  smile

That does indeed sound like a lot of work, but your fast response and actions are to be applauded.

I know you won't want to release a new 64 bit version until you are completely happy with it, but now that you have mentioned version 2.2, are we looking at days, or weeks here, do you reckon?

No great urgency so far as I am concerned personally, but it is good to be able to plan ahead I always find.

Thanks again! smile

Last edited by Montala (2013-11-25 22:27:54)

Board footer